Sunday, April 15, 2007

Living Here is Gonna Be So Awesome in 9 Years

Ok so I know I'm a little slow on the draw here, considering they announced this at 3 PM Central Time, but Chicago was chosen by the USOC as the American city that will make a bid for the 2016 Olympics. This means that if I'm still living in the area in 9 years, I'm gonna go to the Olympics! That's pretty awesome to think about. Or at least I'll be able to walk through downtown and pass a ton of foreign people wearing athletic garb. That will be pretty cool too.

As mentioned in the article, if Chicago pulls off this bid we could be having Olympic baseball and softball at the Friendly Confines. Also mentioned is that those sports were decided to be eliminated starting with the 2012 Olympics, because London doesn't have a place to play baseball. Well I say screw London. If I don't get to see some Olympic baseball at Wrigley, I'm going to have to write a strongly worded letter to Mayor Daley voicing my disappointment. And then I'll have to vote 8 times in the next election to prove how upset I am.

No comments: