Saturday, August 4, 2007

Back Spasms Anyone?

After today's game, I've come to the conclusion that Ryan Dempster needs to go the way of Wade Miller and come down with a sudden case of back spasms for the rest of the season. I know Ryan has his good moments, but it seems like every time I see him take the mound he puts two men on base and makes me shout angry things at my television. Put in Carlos Marmol, he could be twice the closer that Dempster ever was. With the addition of Kerry Wood to the 'pen we can use Marmol to close, Wood can be our setup guy with Howry helping out, and the rest of the relievers can fill in as needed. Either way, Dempster cannot be allowed to close games if I'm expecting to live past 50.

Cubs are a game back from the Brewers now. That was a lot shorter than I expected.

2 comments:

Official Ted Lilly Fan Club said...

You're way off base. Want to know what Demp's ERA is minus the two NYM crap heaps? 1.83. He's striking out 8+ per 9 and only given up 1 long ball. Not bad.

Would you rather use Marmol in the CL spot? That would shift Demp into his innings... do you really want that?

tollberg said...

Alright so maybe the memory of 2006 is still too fresh in my mind, but I just think we could do better. Or maybe he just shouldn't be allowed to pitch against the Mets.