Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Even Massive Thunderclouds That Can't Pitch Have a Silver Lining

The Cubs gave up 7 runs to the Marlins tonight, of all teams. You may have already noticed this. Apparently the pitching staff knows something we don't and has decided that we don't need to win any more of our games this season to make the playoffs. One of these expanded roster call-ups better be clairvoyant, because if we keep drowning and the Brewers don't lose at least 3 more games my single playoff ticket is useless. And you don't want to see me angry. Actually, that would probably be slightly funny. What you don't want to see me is crying in the corner because I didn't get to go to the playoffs. That would be both sad and depressing.

Anyways, the Brewers miraculously lost to the Cardinals tonight. Pitching staff, get back on your horse. I want this thing wrapped up by Friday. That would make a pretty spectacular birthday present.

No comments: