Thursday, May 31, 2007

You Don't Know What You Got 'Til It's Gone

Once upon a time, way back in 2005, the Cubs had Sergio Mitre. He wasn't very good, but he was a promising prospect. So of course before the 2006 season the Cubs traded him to the Marlins for a Juan Pierre. As things stand at the moment, the Cubs have neither Mitre nor Pierre, something that was painfully apparent last night when Mitre shredded the Cubs during 4 innings before leaving with cramps. But no matter who was pitching, the Cubs couldn't score anything en route to a 9-0 loss. I guess this just goes to show that meetings are a waste of time.

The Cubs have the day off today, which will hopefully give them time to find out where their talent and confidence is hiding. My guess is Larry Rothschild is sitting on it.

I guess it could be worse. Todd Wellemeyer could be your starting pitcher.

Friday's debacle starts at 1:20. See, I'm not even calling them games anymore, cause I know what they'll end up being. I'm psychic like that.

No comments: