Sunday, July 15, 2007

Rich Hill Will Not Be Shown Up

The Cubs crushed the Roy Oswalt and the Astros today, but that's not really that important or surprising. Bigger news would be that we're suddenly in the heat of a division race, trailing the struggling Brewers by only 3.5 games, but again, that is not the story of the game. No, what really matters today is that the Cubs have another pitcher who moonlights as a comedian/impressionist.

During today's FOX intro for the Cubs lineup, Rich Hill went with a solid imitation of the character Kip Dynamite from the movie Napoleon Dynamite. At first, when I had no idea what was going on, I thought maybe he had been stung by a bee on his tongue. It was that good, and definitely gave Ryan Dempster and his Harry Caray impression a run for his money. I can't find any video of the intro right now, but if I do it'll be up here faster than you can say quesadilla.

(I didn't like that movie, by the way. Supposedly it gets funnier the more you watch it, but by the time I did see it I had already heard all the jokes. And why would I watch it again if it sucked the first time?)

EDIT: Here's another video of Dempster's Harry Caray impression, still can't find the one he did for FOX though. If you find a link to the FOX videos for either Hill or Dempster, I'll send you a dollar. For real. Do it.




EDIT x2: Brilliant reader skr found the video and gave it to me for free! How thoughtful.



Via Texas Gal's baseball blog Center Field

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually laughed so hard when I heard him do this. It was so totally freaking awesome. Like that time I went hunting wolverines.

cubsfan92391 said...

That was so funny. I hope you get a video up soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just googled "Rich Hill" "Napoleon Dynamite" and your blog came up...but so did another one with a clip. Here's the link:

http://www.texas-gal.com/centerfield/2007/07/kip_visits_wrigley.html

No dollar required...my pleasure!