Monday, October 1, 2007

Unemployed Cubs Fans of the World UNITE!

In case you didn't already know, today was "Rally Monday". At noon today, 20,000 excited and presumably jobless Cubs fans converged at Daley Plaza to celebrate the fact that our team had the least amount of losses in a terrible division this year. But I'm just bitter because I have things to do during the day and can't drop everything at noon to party with Billy Williams. Trust me I wanted to, but it could not be done.

Apparently Rally Monday is a tradition started by Major League Baseball in the past few years, and we just never knew about it because we haven't made the playoffs since 2003, and nobody cares about the White Sox. You can read the official account of the proceedings here, and I tried to find an unbiased view of the events but I couldn't find any Cubs bloggers that went and wrote about. Sorry.



The schedule for the first round of the playoffs finally came out yesterday and one thing is certainly clear: If you do not have cable or have to work in the morning, MLB does not wish you to watch playoff baseball.

Gm 1 CHC @ ARI Wed Oct. 3 10 pm TBS
Gm 2 CHC @ ARI Thu Oct. 4 10 pm TBS
Gm 3 ARI @ CHC Sat Oct. 6 6 pm TBS
Gm 4* ARI @ CHC Sun Oct. 7 1 pm TNT
Gm 5* CHC @ ARI Tue Oct. 9 10 pm TBS

Sadly, my parents fall under both of these categories. I have not asked them their opinions yet, but my mom always liked Santo better anyways so I'm sure she'll cope. TBS does realize that the Braves didn't make it this year, right?



NLCS tickets go on sale Thursday morning at 10 AM. I will be online with at least 50 windows open, maybe 100 since 50 only got me one ticket for this series. So here's the deal: If you found out about tickets going on sale from here and you manage to get one, help me out. I'll do pretty much anything to go to an NLCS game, assuming we make it.

Cubs playoff baseball is two days away. Can you feel it yet? Eamus Catuli.

No comments: