Friday, March 30, 2007

Official Predictions for the 2007 Season

Yo, RFS here.

I think it's time the public got an unbiased (East-coast...ahem) and strictly analytical perspective on what can be expected after the first pitch hits the mitt Sunday night (thats right, first prediction: the first pitch of the 2007 Major League Baseball season will be caught by a St. Louis Cardinal -- I know it's sad).

Anyways, sit back, take some notes (yes, that means you Peter Gammons), and allow me to take the role of the hypothetical weatherman and give you my expected forecast for the upcoming MLB season.

Projected Team Finishes:


NL Central:

1st) Chicago Cubs
2nd though 6th) everyone else


NL East, NL West, and the entire American League:

It's doesn't matter.

The Playoffs:

World Series Champs: Chicago Cubs

How they get there is inconsequential, just tedious details really.


Individual Awards:

NL MVP: Derek Lee (with Aramis a close second)

NL Cy Young: Carlos Zambrano (he promised me)

NL Rookie of the Year: Felix Pie

NL Batting Champion: Lee

Mark Prior Wins: 15 (trust me on this one)

Kerry Wood Pitches: 15 (for the record, I hope I'm wrong)

Barrett Punches Thrown: 2 (one more for A.J. and one for the guy that decides to suspend him)

Lou Pinella Ejections: 7 (I'd like to see this number get to double digits, but he took last year off so he's rusty)

Wins by the White Sox: 62 (you heard it here first, they're losing 100. Mark us down for 6 of those)

No comments: