Wednesday, April 11, 2007

And the Snow Completes the Sweep

That's right, the Cubs got swept today by the Astros. But how is that possible, you're thinking, if the Cubs didn't play today? Well, the series ended up being two games, and the Cubs went 0-for-2. That my friends, is a sweep. We were torn apart by a team that came into the series with a 1-5 record. Saddening.

On another note, it is snowing in Chicago. Or it was earlier today, now it has changed to freezing cold rain. I just have one thing to say to this. What the heck happened to global warming? Scientists are talking about the earth's temperature increasing by a whole degree. Well I would like about 40 of those right now. Today the high was about 35 degrees. Now I'm no meteorologist, but I find it hard to believe that 35 degrees is actually a degree warmer than last year. I would look it up, but I have better things to do. Essentially the Cubs game being snowed out today proves that global warming is bunk. Maybe if it was warm enough for me to be at the beach I would agree with all you scientist types.

Even though we didn't have a game today, I'm still doing a game summary today. Just wouldn't feel right not doing one.

Game Summary for April 11th, 2007
  • Score: Cubs lose to the Snow, Infinity-0.
  • Player of the Game: Rich Hill. Gave up no runs, no hits, and no walks. I believe that's what we call a perfect game.
  • Subject of Lou's Wrath: This ridiculous weather. Lou is used to managing is nice toasty places such as Tampa Bay, so this snow in April infuriates him. Expect him to rip off an umpires head during the next game just to let out this pent up rage.
  • Comments: The game was called on account of snow. In April. Global Warming opponents of the world unite!
  • Magic Number: 156. Reds and Pirates both lost yesterday. And there was much rejoicing.

No comments: