Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Way Things Should Be

It's only been a week, and I don't mean to jump the gun on this one, but after three straight losses (and poor offensive performances) I think shaking up the lineup a bit might be worth it. If I was in charge, batting order would look something like this:

1) Pie (CF) : Yes thats right, Pie. I know this might sound absurd to some people, but maybe Soriano will wake up a bit when he sees a rookie take is position and spot in the order.

2) Soriano (LF): This guy needs to start hitting, end of discussion. Save for a few bright moments, Alfonso's first week left us with over 17 million reasons to be disappointed. I'd love for him to lead off, but right now I'm still wondering why we didn't make a push to keep Juan Pierre.

3) Lee (1b): One of two Cubs that it doing his job.

4) Ramirez (3B): The other one.

5) Jones (RF): His .231 average is way up from this time last year, but still...

6) DeRosa (2B): Started off hot, then I guess the law of averages kicked in. I've got faith though, he is leading the team in home runs.

7) Cedeneo (SS): Why isn't he starting? He's the future shortstop of this team as far as I know, why not give him a chance to develop down at the bottom of the order? I know Izzy is supposed to have the golden glove (3 errors in one day?!), but in all honesty, who would you rather see coming to the plate late in the game?

8) Blanco (C): If this blog had readers, I'm sure I'd be hearing it for this one, but I've got some good reasons. Barrett is an offensive catcher; right now he has no offense. What good is he doing us then? Why not give Mike a few days off and let him think about it (and hit the batting cages). Henry definitely deserves a few more games after all the balls that Barrett's been passing.

9) Pitcher / Cliff Floyd (PH): I do not want to see Matt Murton taking cuts at the plate when the game is on the line. Cliff is more experienced and powerful and has better groomed facial hair.

You might think I'm crazy, but staying above .500 is something that we should be striving for from day one. Lets not dig a hole we can't climb out of.

-rfs.

No comments: