Wednesday, April 11, 2007

STB: Yo no hablo inglés.

I've spent most of the past week solely writing game summaries for RTWF. While I think these are important and useful, especially for people who didn't have time to watch the game or don't feel like reading the boring game wrap-ups by the MLB reporters, they're becoming repetitive for me. I try to spice things up by adding in something before the summary, but that only does so much. So as a result of this I'm going to try and write more about whatever I feel like, the more posts the better right? For now I'm just going to throw together some stories I've found. I call this STB. (Shenanigans, Tomfoolery, and Ballyhoo).
  • The Cubs have a new Spanish version of their website. Maybe we should have had that when Sammy was around, so he could understand why everyone ended up hating him.
  • SportsBiz has a list of the top eight candidates to buy the Cubs. I'm pulling for Colangelo or Levin. Colangelo has led the D-Backs to a World Series and the Suns are due for a championship soon. The man knows how to win. Levin has built an AHL team that's more successful and exciting than the Blackhawks. And of course it would be great if Bill Murray got in on this action. It won't be Mark Cuban though, he's too radical for the tradition of this team. We don't need his circus antics to win.
  • The Knicks are complaining that the Bulls were running up the score the other night. The Bulls say they were just trying to do something nice for the fans. I won a Big N' Tasty at a game a couple of years ago when the Bulls won 100-98. Was an extremely exciting game. Never underestimate the power of free McDonald's. Eddy Curry, I'm ashamed that you don't realize this.
  • Apparently some people think that the crack-addict story is actually a feel-good kind of thing. Some are actually calling it a good comeback story. I don't know if I agree, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. And Hamilton does look pretty BA with all those tattoos. Still a crack head though.
  • In case you've been living under a rock for the past week or so, a new word has been added to the blogger's dictionary. Schrutebag. I think it's safe to say that most of the bloggers out there do not like this man.
  • ESPN fails at fantasy baseball. If you're using ESPN instead of Yahoo, and paying for it, you fail at life. Period.
  • One last thing. The NHL Playoffs have started. I'm cheering for the Nashville Predators, based solely on the name of the stadium that they play in. There is still hope for hockey in my mind.
Well that was interesting. This was all haphazardly thrown together, we'll see what it evolves into in the future.

No comments: