Friday, April 27, 2007

Decisions, Decisions...

The Cubs game starts in about 40 minutes, and since it features Jason Marquis with vengeance burning in his eyes, you would think I would want to watch it. To be honest, I do. However, there is also a Bulls playoff game on at 7. Normally I would pick the Cubs over the Bulls, but if the Bulls can win tonight they'll be up 3-0 and almost assured a spot in the second round. So I have a conundrum. Revenge against the Cardinals, or victory against the Heat? I can always flip between the two when one is at commercial, but at times I will have to make a decision. I'm still not sure which way I'll go. Picture in picture would be a nice thing to have right now.

On a side note, I've been a faithful reader of Deadspin for a couple of months now, ever since I discovered KSK through the F--- it, I'm Going Deep post. Reading these blogs is part of what finally got me to get up off my butt and start one of my own. We've been at it for almost a month now, and things have been kind of slow, so I decided to step out on a limb. I wrote a petition about how Wade Miller should never pitch to the Cubs again, and since I knew Will at Deadspin would never read it unless someone told him about it, and because I had basically no readers, I wrote him a lengthy e-mail last night practically begging him to give it a chance. I expected to be shunned for my blatant display of self-promotion. So you can imagine my surprised and ecstatic behavior when I found out that we had been linked to at the most influential sports blog in the world.

Some may consider getting so excited about all this to be unprofessional. Well I am the furthest thing from a professional that you will find, so I'm okay with that. My blog is hosted on Blogger, what did you expect? So to all you Deadspinners who visited, thank you for making my day. Even if you only come here once because you're not a Cubs fan, (and lets face it those are the only people we cater to), for one day I was on top of the sports blogging world. Hopefully some day I shall return to that peak. Until then, RFS and myself will have to step it up and try to deliver what we think is high quality blogging. You may disagree, but I don't really care about what you think. It's my party, I can write boring crap if I want to. As long as you keep coming back to read it.

Game summary, as always, coming later tonight. SITI out.

No comments: