Saturday, April 28, 2007

Tony La Russa is a Classy Fellow


Most days, or basically all the time, I hate the Cardinals. I'm not sure what the reason is for this, I think it's just because they're considered to be the main rivals for the Cubs. Some would argue it is out of jealousy, but I would never want to be a Cardinals fan. They're all hicks.

Mr. La Russa, however, turned out to be a lot classier than I imagined. After I had spent a good amount of time seriously considering how to turn his DUI episode into a t-shirt, something like this happens. It's not often you see a manager give his hometown newspaper crap for ripping on the other team.

Lou for the record has said that the article didn't really bother him that much, despite the fact that it also rips on his 116 win Seattle Mariners team. However some players, such as Derrek Lee and Rich Hill, took offense to it. I started to read it, but it was more of the same garbage I've heard my whole life so I decided to do something more exciting and watch some paint dry. Sounds like the Post-Dispatch is running out of creativity.

So here's to you Tony. You may be a drunk, I may hate your team, and you're probably pissed off right now about losing 7-0. But you're a better man I thought you were.

No comments: